Written on July 12, 2008 by CincauHangus
I’m looking for better ways to restructure my Undebug.org blog without resorting to a clean WordPress Installation and recreating it’s categories, tags, and permalink structure. I’ve done the same thing with my old personal blog but I didn’t import any of the old posts to the new one that you’re currently seeing now.
What I want to do now is:
- Remove all posts posted before 2008, and unrelated pages
- Remove all unrelated categories & tags
- Create new categories and categorise newer posts accordingly
- I may keep the current permalink structure intact (currently it’s ‘%category%/%postname%’ )
So currently I think I got down a few problems that I may encounter:
- Permalink restructuring problems
- 404 Errors
- Database corruption (If i result to doing it manually through the database)
Are there any plugin(s) that can make this task easier for me? I’m much more worried about database corruption and 404 errors. (maybe Google Sitemap can fix the 404s?)
If I’m going to do this manually, I think I may take 2-3 days of man hours doing it. But class is starting on Tuesday.
I’m a categoric-freak. Need to put things into order everytime it goes ugly. *same reason why I have a new blog now. *